Walleye Tournament With 100% Payout!
Official rules of the 2020 Lake of the Woods Walleye Challenge
1) One contestant per team must be 18 years of age. Contestants younger than 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form.
2) Must stay on the Canadian side of the border.
3) Live bait, frozen bait, or artificial lures shall be used. All bait shall be the responsibility of the contestants
4) Contestants will check in each morning and afternoon at the designated locations. Boats must be checked every morning.
5) Live wells must have flow through systems (aerated live wells permitted). The use of water treatment chemicals, which are legally available in Ontario, can be used in live wells. All fish must be kept in live wells at all times.
6) Its the anglers responsibility to follow all federal and provincial boating and fishing regulations.
7) Tether switches must be attached to driver and boat kill switch when the main engine is running and boat is on plane.
8) All contestants must wear an approved personal flotation device when boat is on plane.
9) Tournament officials reserve the right to disallow the use of any boat and motor they deem unsafe, inappropriate or unsuitable for use in competition.
10) The tournament officials shall declare any participant ineligible to compete who may endanger the safety and well being of any contestant or his.her self or unable to perform safety functions.
11) All contestants are expected to act in a sportsman-like manner at all times.
12) Team is allowed ONE fish over 18" and THREE under 18". There is unlimited culling. Teams are allowed to come in ONCE to weigh in 1 BIG FISH and go back and continue the day but can only work on their unders after the first big fish is weighed, if a team comes in twice the day is done.
13) All weights called by the weigh master are deemed accurate, angler can call re weight and that will be final weight, Dead fish will be assessed a penalty of 1/4 pound.
14) After a team completes their weigh-in for the day they must remove their boats immediately from the docking area to allow other teams to weigh-in.
15) All boats must be ready and available for and inspection each day before departure.
16) Late teams at docking station will be penalized at the rate of 1 pound for every minute they are late, up to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes teams are not allowed to weigh-in. Teams are to report to the docking station, fish or no fish.
17) Tournament pre-fishing shall be allowed till 3:00 PM on Friday.
18) There must be a team of 2 persons per boat. The same 2 competitors who start the tournament must finish, except in the case of an exceptional circumstance. The tournament officials may assign an alternate or may aid in finding a replacement.
19) In case of ties, the team with the biggest fish during the 2 day of the tournament fishing will be declared the winner. If still tied, the highest second day total catch weight would be declared the winner.
20) Cell phones or other communications devices are allowed in the boats, or to go to shore if required during tournament in case of emergency or break down (807-276-0311)
21) It is the tournament organizers intention to provide and honest, sportsman-like tournament. In the interest of sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that "spirit of the rule" will prevail in all judgement cases and the decisions of the tournament organizers are final.
22) Failure to comply with all the rules, failure to cooperate with the tournament officials/spotters, or verbal abuse will not be tolerated. Infractions will be immediately disqualified. If a team is disqualified for any violation of the tournament rules they will not receive a refund of their tournament entry fee.
RULES MEETING IS HELD OCTOBER 1st, 2020 AT MORSON HALL AT 6:00PM!
Day 1 take off will start at 8:00AM and boats are to be in by 3:30PM, on Friday October 2nd, 2020
Day 2 take off will start at 8:00AM and boats are to be in by 3:30PM, on Saturday October 3rd, 2020
TO REGISTER ENTRY FEE IS A TOTAL OF $300.00 PER TEAM